Best Student Paper Award
Cambridge Finance is offering its Best Student Paper Award, annually. The deadline for submission of papers is end of May each year.
The award comprises a cash honorarium of £1,000 and certificate awarded to the author of the best student paper in finance presented during the current academic year.
Who is eligible?
- Graduate students currently studying finance at the University of Cambridge in the Department of Land Economy, Faculty of Economics, Faculty of History, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Mathematics, Faculty of Engineering or Cambridge Judge Business School.
Conditions of entry
- Papers must be on an aspect of finance.
- Entrants must notify the CF administrator of their intention to enter, by the deadline indicated on the advertisement for the competition. Students must provide the CF administrator with written approval from their supervisor and a by this deadline to be accepted. Copies of the paper are not required at this stage.
- The paper title and abstract must be sent to the CF administrator by the deadline indicated on the advertisement for the competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to abide by all conditions and procedures set out here.
- Any changes in conditions, procedures or deadlines will be published here. Entrants are responsible for ensuring they are aware of the latest details.
- Papers must be presented at a recognised University or Departmental seminar, or at a similar approved event, by the deadline indicated on the advertisement for the competition.
- If possible, the CF administrator must be notified of the date and venue of the seminar in advance so that notification can be sent to the CF managers and the students supervisor should be present at the talk. The event need not be in Cambridge but must include presenting to an academic audience.
- Finalised papers must be emailed to the CF administrator by the deadline stated on the advertisement to be considered. The deadline stated will not be extended.
- The Award Committee will select the best paper from those submitted.
- The award will be presented at the Cambridge Finance student lunch that usually takes place in June. All entrants should attend this event.
- The winning paper will be made available on the Cambridge Finance website.